I thought of making a word search for my poster when we learned about the grid tool. To play off the word search theme I wanted the message of the poster to be about searching for something. In this case it was searching for happiness. I typed random letters and spaced them far apart. I then copied and pasted the group of letters four times to fill the page. Then, after expanding I was able to use the gaussian blur tool to make the unimportant letters out of focus, which draws your attention to the words of the quote. To further emphasize them, I changed some of the words to red. To place the words in straight lines, I used the align tool making it look like a real word search. The message of the poster is "The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness"- Eric Hoffer
To create visual interest I tried to find contrasting images in both color and subject. The mountains had a bluer hue while the underlying image was of an orange sunset in a city.
1. The message of my piece is that we should not dwell on the past or worry about what will happen in the future because we miss opportunities in the present because of focusing on these things. 2. The viewer will play with the fortune teller like you would a real one and open the folds and flaps to reveal messages that contribute to my theme. 3. My color scheme is rectangle or tetradic. 4. The emphasis in my piece is on the image at the center of the design. It is the last thing that is revealed by the viewer and brings together the color scheme, and my theme.
Comments
Post a Comment